Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Language Update

A old co-worker from Argentina commented on something of mine on Facebook. I responded with a short paragraph detailing how I missed them, the office and Argentina. She quickly responded, "Brian, those conjugations, haha you forgot our language!"

Umm...

So I wrote her and said "...umm was it that bad?"

"It's okay, it has been awhile since you were able to use your Spanish, don't worry!"

Umm...

I am in Spain right now and have been for a month. Maldición!! I guess I will blame it on my haste with which I wrote the message, but I was a little disheartened. I am nearing the end of my time here and therefore should be at a very solid stage with my Spanish. There are some days where I pile through complex sentence structure and whip out slang vocabulary, but then there are other days where I have trouble even beginning my sentence. I guess take the good with bad. It is hard chasing an almost unreachable goal, but I guess if you shoot for the moon and miss you are still among the stars.

1 comment:

  1. "I guess take the good with bad. It is hard chasing an almost unreachable goal, but I guess if you shoot for the moon and miss you are still among the stars."

    That sounds like a Nurit quote if I've ever heard one.

    ReplyDelete