Tuesday, July 6, 2010

How's Your Spanish

Spanish Update! Spoiler: Snape kills Dumbledore. Anyways, my Spanish has improved so much. I catch myself in the middle of quick sentences and able to think to myself while I finsh the rant, "OK, BK, get it kid!" But I may have hit another plateau. I have found myself amongst a couple of conversations with miscommunication problems and my abhorred reversion to English. It is similar to learning everything I guess, at some point you plateau until the next series of growth occurs. But at the same time, it is a little frustrating since I am here to complete a few tasks, one of which is to gain better fluency. Don't get me wrong I do feel that my linguistic longitude is expanding but now my expectations of myself and my performance are higher with less of a forgivable net below. I love when I misunderstand or get mad for no reason, I can blame it on the language but sometimes they won't fall for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment